How to Install a Canon Printer on Windows
1. Navigate to the Canon support page, search for your printer model in the search bar and select it from the list of results.
2. Make sure the correct OS is selected and then find and download the “Generic_Plus_UFRII…” driver.
3. Open the “File Explorer” navigate to your “Downloads” folder and run the file you just downloaded.
4. Click “Extract” on the pop-up window and keep the “Extract to” default.
5. Right-click the “Windows” icon and click the “Run” option. In the run box, type “control.exe” and then click “OK”.
6. Make sure the “View by” is set to “Category” and then click the “View devices and printers” link under “Hardware and Sound”.
7. Click “Add a printer” at the top of the screen.
8. Click “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
9. Select “Add a printer using an IP address or hostname” and then click “Next”.
10. Drop down the “Device type” to “TCP/IP Device”. Type the IP address of the copier in the “Hostname or IP address” field. Leave the “port name” field with whatever is populated there, uncheck the box at the bottom, then click “Next”.
10a. To find the IP address of the copier, go to the physical machine, press the “Check Counter” or “123” button and the IP address is listed in the top left or right corner.
11. Click “Have Disk”.
12. Click “Browse”.
13. If you have a column on the left, click “This PC”, otherwise click the green up arrow until you get to “This PC” in the dropdown menu at the bottom and then open the downloads folder.
14. Find the extracted folder “Generic_Plus_UFRII” and open it, then open the “Driver” folder and click the file and then click “Open”.
15. Click “OK” on the install windows.
16. Click “Next”.
17. Name the printer something unique and click “Next”.
18. Once the printer starts installing, you may get a pop-up asking if you want to allow this program to make changes. Click “Yes” on that window.
18a. If you get a pop-up box asking for an administrator username and password, you will need to contact your IT department for further assistance.
19. On Windows 10 you will get a sharing screen. Click “Do not share this printer” and click “Next”.
20. If you want to print a test page at this point, you can otherwise click “Finish”.
20a. If you have to use a code or username/password for the copier, you will need to follow this guide.