How can we help?
How to Install a Sharp Printer on Windows
1. Navigate to the Sharp support page.
2. “Product Category” is “MFP”, find your model from the drop-down, and then for “File Type” select “Drivers & Utilities” and then click “Find”.
3. In the list below look for “Windows 32/64 Bit OS Driver Package” and click the “Download” button.
5. Open the “File Explorer” program.
6. Find and open the “Downloads” folder.
7. Find the folder downloaded from the Sharp website and right-click it, then choose the “Extract All” option.
8. Uncheck the box at the bottom and then click “Extract”.
9. Right click the “Windows” icon at the bottom of the screen and click the “Run” option.
10. Type “control.exe” in the text box and click “OK”.
11. Make sure the “View by” is set to “Category” and then click the “View devices and printers” link under “Hardware and Sound”.
12. Click “Add a printer” at the top of the screen.
13. Click “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
14. Select “Add a printer using an IP address or hostname” and then click “Next”.
15. Drop down the “Device type” to be “TCP/IP Device”. Type the IP address of the copier in the “Hostname or IP address” field. Leave the “Port name” field with whatever is populated there, uncheck the box at the bottom, then click “Next”.
15a. To find the IP address of the copier, go to the physical machine, press the “Menu/Home” button, then press “Utility” on the screen and finally, “Device information” and it is the IPv4 address.
16. Click “Haver Disk”.
17. Click “Browse”.
18. If you have a column on the left, click “This PC”, otherwise click the green up arrow until you get to “This PC” in the dropdown menu at the bottom and then open the downloads folder.
19. Find the KM Universal Driver folder and open it, then open the “Driver” folder, “Win_x64”, and double click the file inside the folder.
20. Click “OK”.
21. Select the driver from the list with v3.9.1 and click “Next”.
22. Name the printer and then click “Next”. It is best to give it a unique name so you can recognize it from the list if you have more than one of the same model.
23. You will get a Windows pop up asking if you want to allow the app to make changes. Click “Yes”.
23a. If you get a pop up asking for a username and password, you will need to know the Administrator credentials for the computer or, more than likely, you will need to contact your IT department.
24. Click the “Do not share this printer” option and click “Next”. Notice that some versions of windows will not have this window. If you don’t get it just move to the next step.
25. You can now click “Print a test page” to see if it is working and then click “Finish”.
25a. If you need a code to print or make copies, you will need to follow this document.