How To Setup Brother Scan to Folder on Windows
1. Right-click a blank space on the desktop and go to “New”, then select “Folder”.
2. Name the folder “Scans”
3. Right click the folder and go to “Properties”.
4. Go to the “Sharing” tab and click the “Share” button.
5. In the drop-down at the top, choose “Everyone” from the list and click “Add”. Then, at the “Permissions Level”, click the down arrow and select “Read/Write” and then click “Share”.
5a. If you get a login prompt when clicking the “Share” button, you will need to input the admin credentials for the computer or contact your IT department for further assistance.
6. Click “Done” to finish the file sharing.
7. Right-click the “Windows” icon at the bottom of the screen and click “Network Connections”.
8. Click the “Properties” button under the current network connection.
9. Select the “Private” bubble and then close the window.
10. Go to the printer and find the IP address and write it down.
10a. If you have a Brother printer with no screen, you can get the IP address by pressing the “GO” button for 10 seconds and it will print a network configuration page.
10b. If you have a Brother printer with a feeder at the top, you should have a report button you can press and then find the “Configuration” report and print it.
10c. If you have an older model with a small screen, it will have a “+” button you press until you see “Information”, then press “Set”, then press the “+” button until you see “Print Settings” and then press “Set” again to print the page.
11. Type the IP address of the copier into a new tab in your web browser at the top of the screen, not the search bar, and hit enter.
12. At the top of the page, type the password into the login section and hit the arrow or hit enter to complete login.
12a. The default password is “initpass”. On some models, there is a sticker on the back of the copier with a “PWD” label.
13. At the top of the screen, press the “Scan” tab and then press the “Scan to FTP/SFT/Network/Sharepoint” option on the left.
14. Select the “Profile” you want to use and then make sure the bubble is set to “Network” and then at the bottom click “Submit”.
15. Now press the “Scan to FTP/SFTP/Network/SharePoint Profile” option in the left-hand column. Find the profile you chose and click it. For example, we chose “Profile 1” and you can see, it is set to “Network”.
16. Follow the steps below and click “Submit” when finished. If a setting is not listed in the steps, it means you can leave it at the default value.
16a. Name the profile with something unique. Most of the time, it will be the name of the person or department using the computer.
16b. For the “Network Path” you are going to put \\”your computer’s IP address”\Scans.
16c. To find your computer’s IP address, right-click the “Windows” icon at the bottom of the screen and click “Network Connections”, click the “Properties” option, and scroll to the bottom.
16d. If you want higher-quality scans, you can change this to a higher DPI. The higher the DPI, the larger the file will be and it may take longer to scan.
16e. For file type, you can keep it at “Multi-Page” if you want all of your pages to go into one file. If you want each page to be a separate file, you can choose the “Single-Page” option.
16f. Turn this on if all of your scans are double-sided.
16g. Type in the username on the computer.
16h. Type in the password you use to get onto the computer. If you use a pin to access the computer, you cannot use that here, it has to be the password. If you don’t know it, you can try your email password.