How to Setup HP Scan to Folder on Windows
1. Right click a blank space on the desktop and go to “New”, then select “Folder”.
2. Name the folder “Scans”
3. Right-click the folder and go to “Properties”.
4. Go to the “Sharing” tab and click the “Share” button.
5. In the drop-down at the top, choose “Everyone” from the list and click “Add”. Then, at the “Permissions Level”, click the down arrow and select “Read/Write” and then click “Share”.
5a. If you get a login prompt when clicking the “Share” button, you will need to input the admin credentials for the computer or contact your IT department for further assistance.
6. Click “Done” to finish the file sharing.
7. Right-click the “Windows” icon at the bottom of the screen and click “Network Connections”.
8. Click the “Properties” button under the current network connection.
9. Select the “Private” bubble and then close the window.
10. Go to the physical copier and press the blue “i” icon at the top of the screen, then press “Ethernet” find the “IP Address” and write it down.
10a. On some models without a screen, you may need to go into the menu and find the “Reports” option and then find and print the “Configuration Report” which will have the IP address listed on the printout.
11. Type the IP address of the copier into a new tab in your web browser at the top of the screen, not the search bar, and hit enter.
12. Click the “Scan/Digital Send” tab at the top and then, in the left column, expand the “Scan to Network Folder” option, and then click “Quick Sets”.
13. Click “Add” to create a new Quick Set.
14. Give the Quick Set a name. At the bottom, the top bubble will allow you to make changes to settings before scanning the document. The second option will start the scan as soon as you select your quickset. Once you have finished, click “Next”.
15. Click “Add” under “Folder Settings”. You can keep the other settings on this screen defaulted.
16. For the “UNC Folder Path” type “\\yourcomputeripaddress\Scans”. Drop the “Authentication Settings” down to “Always use these credentials” and then type in your username and password for the computer, then click “OK”.
16a. To find the IP address of your computer, right-click the “Windows” icon at the bottom of the screen and click “Network Connections”. Click the “Properties” button under your current network connection and scroll to the bottom and find your IP address.
16b. If you use a pin to access the computer that will not work here, it has to be the actual password for the account.
17. On this screen you can click “Finish”. If you click “Next”, you will have the option to set scan defaults for your Quick set if you choose. Once you have finished the setup, go to the copier and find the “Quicksets” option and open it, then find your quick set and scan something to it.